Terms & Conditions
1. About these conditions
- This Website and the Goods and Services displayed on it are provided by Harriet McGuffie Fitness Limited (collectively referred to in these Conditions as “we”, “us” and “our”). When we refer to “you” and “your” we mean the user of this Website, purchaser of Goods or user of our Services.
- These are the terms and conditions which apply to your use of this Website and the purchase of Goods and Services from us. If you do not agree to these Conditions, you must not use this Website.
- You should read these Conditions carefully before using this Website or purchasing any Goods or Services from us.
- We reserve the right to change these Conditions at any time.
- Any changes to the Conditions will be effective after the change is published on this Website. You should check these Conditions before each order as they may have changed since your last visit.
- If you have any questions about the Conditions, the Services or this Website, please contact us using the contact details in the “Contact” section of this Website.
- When the following words with capital letters are used in these Conditions, this is what they mean:
- “Class” any exercise class provided by us at the Gym as part of the Services;
- “Conditions” the terms and conditions as set out in this document and as amended from time to time;
- “Passes” Passes purchased via our Website, in person at our Gym, or over the telephone and used to make bookings for Classes;
- “Goods” any Goods offered for sale at any of our Gym;
- “Services” services available to you via this Website, including the Classes;
- “Website” https://harrietmcguffie.co.uk
2. Users of our classes
- We reserve the right to refuse you access to the Gym and suspend or terminate your use of the Services if we reasonably consider that your conduct is damaging to our reputation, is in breach of these Conditions or would otherwise be in the interests of other users of the Studios or participants in our Classes.
3. Health Commitment Statement
- Our staff, agents and subcontractors are not medically qualified so if you have any doubts about your fitness or capability to exercise, we strongly recommend that you get advice from a doctor first. For safety reasons, you are responsible for correctly using our facilities and agree to keep to the conditions in the Health Commitment Statement which you agreed to when registering for an account on our Website. A copy of our Health Commitment Statement is available here or a hard copy is available at our gym reception.
- To book a Class, your account must include at least one Pass. One Pass entitles you to attend one Class.
- You can purchase Passes via our Website. Multiple Passes can also be purchased as bundles at discounted rates.
- Price details for Passes are available on our Website.
- Passes purchased will expire 28 days from purchase. Passes cannot be extended beyond the expiry dates agreed at the time of purchase, unless in exceptional circumstances.
- Passes and Class bookings are not transferable to any other person and you should not allow anyone else to book Classes using your Passes.
- You acknowledge that Harriet McGuffie Fitness Ltd charges fees for its services, and Harriet McGuffie Fitness Ltd reserves the right to change its fees from time to time in its discretion. If Harriet McGuffie Fitness Ltd terminates your account because you have breached these Terms and Conditions, you may not be entitled to a refund of any unused portion of passes or services bought.
5. Booking a class
- You can check availability and book Classes in advance online via our Website. When you book a Class, one Pass will be deducted from your account unless otherwise stated on the website.
- We make every effort to ensure that there are a suitable number of Classes available at different times of the day. However, classes are subject to availability and we do not guarantee that spaces will be available in any given Class, even if you have sufficient Passes in your account.
- We have a 6-hour cancellation policy. If you cancel your spot more than 6 hours before the start of your class, your pass will automatically be refunded. If you cancel less than 6 hours before the start, your pass will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- If the Class you wish to attend is fully booked, you may choose an alternative Class with remaining spaces. Alternatively, you may join a waitlist for the fully booked class.
- If you join the waitlist and a space becomes available, you will be sent an email asking if you would like to accept the booking. In order to do this, customers need to click on the link in the email to book a spot in the class.
- If you join the waitlist and a place on the fully booked Class does not become available you will not lose a credit.
6. Use of our website
- Use of our site includes accessing, browsing or registering to use our Website. By using the Website, you are confirming that you accept these Conditions and that you agree to comply with them.
- We may update this Website from time to time and may change the content at any time. Any of the content on our Website may be out of date at any given time and we are under no obligation to update it. We do not guarantee that our Website, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
- We do not guarantee that our Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access is permitted on a temporary basis and we may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our Website without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- By accessing this Website, you agree that you will access its contents solely for your own use. You may print out a single hard copy of any part of the content of this Website for your use in accordance with these Conditions. You must not modify the copies of any materials on this Website in any way and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any text. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Website must always be acknowledged. You must not use any part of the content on our Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors. If you print off, copy or download any part of our Website in breach of these Conditions of use your right to use this Website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
- Except as expressly permitted by clause 7.4, you may not (except to the extent required in order to use this Website in accordance with these Conditions) copy, store in any medium (including in any other Website), distribute, transmit, re-transmit, broadcast, modify, delete or show in public any part of this Website or systematically extract material from this Website or any document available through it, create any derivative works from it or in any other way exploit commercially all or any part of this Website or any document available through it without our prior written consent.
- This Website should only be accessed using a computer linked to a secure network environment.
- We cannot guarantee that this Website will operate in accordance with your expectations or will be error free. If you are aware of any error on this Website please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to correct it.
- It is our policy to virus check documents and files before they are posted on this Website. However, we cannot guarantee that documents or files downloaded from this Website will be free from viruses. Accordingly, for your own protection, you must use virus-checking software when using this Website. We exclude to the fullest extent permitted by law, all liability (save in respect of death or personal injury caused by negligence and for fraud) in connection with (a) any damage or loss caused by errors, computer viruses, other malicious code or harmful components originating or contracted from the Website or from any third-party Websites linked to this Website and (b) any interruptions in your access to the Website.
- You must not misuse our Website by knowingly introducing computer viruses, other malicious code or harmful components. You must not attempt to gain unauthorized access to our Website. You must not attack our site via a denial-of–service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. By breaching this clause you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately and you will indemnify us for any breach, which means that you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of you not complying with this clause.
7.Your Username and Password
- Certain areas of our Website are restricted and may only be accessed if you are registered with us and have been issued with or have chosen a username and password.
- You must not allow any other person to use your username, password or other login details and must treat such information as confidential and must not disclose it to any third party. If you believe or suspect that someone else knows your login details you must contact us as email@example.com as soon as possible.
- We reserve the right to disable any user identification code or password used to access to this Website at any time if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with these Conditions.
- You shall not obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorised access to an area of this Website which is only accessible with a username and password other than that which has been identified as being available to you through the logins and passwords notified to you and you will not attempt to evade our authentication or security procedures nor assist, encourage or permit any other person to do any of the above things.
- You should be aware that some of the documents, files and other information may contain personal data subject to applicable data protection legislation. You must not use that data contrary to such legislation.
- We shall not be liable for any losses you suffer as a result of unauthorised access to your account until such time as you have informed us of unauthorised use or possible unauthorised use of your login details or of a breach of security at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are accessing an area of our Website protected by a username and password to use the Services available through it otherwise than in the course of your business, you have certain statutory rights as a consumer regarding the performance of Services. These statutory rights will not be affected by any statement contained in these Conditions.
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in this Website and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. The design and layout of this Website are protected by copyright, database right, design rights and other similar laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part.
- We and our suppliers own the intellectual property rights in the software that runs this Website. Save to the extent expressly permitted by applicable laws, you must not copy, modify, download, distribute, decipher, de-compile, interfere with or attempt to interfere with that software without our prior written consent.